Test Match cricket is said as the real test of cricket. Every professional cricketer prefers test cricket rather than playing a one day match or T-T Match. But if we look this from public opinion, it’s no doubt they see 20/ 20 cricket or the 50 over match a better alternative because they do not like waiting for 5 days to get a result. One day cricket’s short form is t20 cricket. It is most exciting form of all levels of cricket.
20 /20 cricket has recently gained power after T-T World cup 2007 at South Africa. It was a superb tournament, and what made it more superb an India vs. Pakistan clash at the finals. As always it was a close match and India hold their nerves till the end and managed to defeat Pakistan by 5 runs although Misbah ul haq had some other intentions. It was a thrilling match.
So which is better T-T cricket or the 50 over match or Test cricket? It’s just the cricket… doesn’t matter if it’s the 20- 20, or the 50-50 or the test match. 20-20 cricket is getting well-known day by day .People now can observe lots of 6’s as well as 4’s from there preferred batsmen as well as they can enjoy .Within few hours the result is affirmed as well as we don’t have to wait for the 5 long days for the result.
Common rules of the 20-20:
- Every innings is limited to a maximum of the 20 overs.Scheduled Hours of the Play
- (1 Hour 15 minutes per side)
- BREAK TIME AS WELL AS INTERVAL in the 20-20
- The interval is 15 minutes period. In decreased over’s matches, the interval will be cut down to the 10 minutes.
- Exchange of the bowling
- Teams have one hour 15 minutes to bowl 20 over’s.
- Out OF the TIME
The incoming batsman have to be in position to take guard or for his partner to be prepared to obtain the next ball, within one minute 30 seconds of the fall of the earlier wicket .If he fails to do so he will be measured OUT
Ball used in the 20-20’s
- The White Kookaburra balls used in the 20-20 match.
The final Result to make a complete match
- Each side have to faced (or had the chance to face) five over’s in order to create a match. The Duckworth Lewis Method shall be utilized in matches interrupted by rain etc.
Restrictions on the Field
- Fielding restrictions apply for the first six overs of every innings.
Number of Over’s which a bowler can bowl
- Every bowler might bowl a utmost of four over’s.
Free Hit after a no ball
- After a no ball a free hit is given to the batsman
Short Pitched Bowling
- As in other one-day competitions, one short-pitched ball is permissible per over.
The Penalty on over rate if time taken is more than 1 hour 15 minutes
- The six-run penalty for each over not bowled will be relevant – all sides are projected to be in place to bowl the first ball of the last of their 20 over’s in one hour 15 minutes playing time.
The Net Run Rate
- A team’s net run rate is considered by the deduction from the average runs per over scored by that team, the average runs per over scored in opposition to that team.
In case of the tie there will be a bowl out between two teams. Every captain of both team will appoint its five best bowlers for the bowl out, bowlers of the team hitting the stumps more than the opponent bowlers wins the game simply like as the penalty shoot out in the foot ball game . It happened in a current 20-20 match amongst India along with Pakistan at ICC 20 -20 WC.